Watch out. I am starting my own blog. To my friends and family who know me, I am not much of a writer…. I prefer the more free-spirited, “story telling” approach….
For many of you, you may not realize that when I decided to move to Louisville (just a little more than 4 years ago now), it fulfilled a desire of mine to MOVE SOUTH! I know it’s only 2 hours from home, but I didn’t say I wanted to move to South America! I’ve been able to accomplish a few other things at the same time, like living on my own, getting my MBA, leaving a job I really wasn’t happy at and then landing a great job and pursue those next goals. I know I’m in a good place in my life.
This past May, after spending a fabulous weekend celebrating a dear friend’s wedding, I was again reminded that I am on a very different life path than most of my friends. One of my favorite quotes is, “While most girls were chasing boys, I was busy chasing dreams.”
To keep chasing those dreams, there is still so much I want to accomplish. Hence, my blog is called “Living, Loving, and Laughing; setting out to accomplish 30 different things before 30."
I must give credit where it is due, and I have Tara to thank for the inspiration. (Tara started her blog, http://theyachtingwife.blogspot.com/, before she got married last year and if you are looking for good reading, I would recommend that you look her up.) During one of our many chats she gave me the idea to pursue “30 Things!”)
Here's where you can help. Realizing some of the things listed on my list are vague, I would appreciate you giving me your suggestions on how I might enhance any of my experiences on my list.
Please post, send or call me with your suggestions. Recognizing that I have a very diverse group of friends, I thought that setting a few guidelines about my intentions for this blog might be helpful:
First, getting married may seem like it should be one of the top ten. While the hopeless romantic in me would love that, this list must include things that I can control and not necessarily require anyone else’s involvement.
And, if any of my friends and family would like to help me accomplish or participate in any of these things, that would be great! Just let me know ...
So let's get started ....
30 Things Before 30 List !
- Sky dive
- Run a mini marathon
- Buy a new car …sporty and fun! J
- Go back to Ireland
- Golf in Scotland
- Go to the San Diego Zoo
- Go hiking our trail out west
- Wake board – and actually figure out how to stand up!
- Go jet skiing
- Send a care package to our troops
- Roast a Turkey
- Golf with my dad and brothers at a Standard PGA course
- Grow a plant from seeds
- Find my "go to" Karaoke song
- Go to a taping of the Today Show; (get interviewed if I’m lucky)
- Go to the Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C.
- Go back to Disney to see Cinderella Castles
- Spend the night in 30 different states
- Go to Mardi Gras
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen over the holidays
- Mentor a young girl/Become a big sister
- Take a cake decorating class
- Be invited to participate in a golf tournament
- Go snorkeling
- Swim with the dolphins
- Bike 500 miles
- Go to Napa Valley or become a wine expert
- Meet Adam Levine, George Clooney, Martina McBride and Luke Russert
- Something service oriented? Suggestions welcomed
- Make a difference in healthcare and start defining my career . . . suggestions welcome!